CURBSIDE PICKUP FOR SOLID WASTE/RECYCLABLES
CITY OF BAXTER
All residential garbage pickup will take place on Wednesdays. All residential recycling pickup will take place on Wednesdays, bi-weekly (once every 2 weeks).
A 95 gal. tote will be provided by the contractor to each address for solid waste (garbage). The tote is property of the contractor and is to remain with each address.
A 95 gal. tote will be provided by the contractor to each address for recycling. The tote is property of the contractor and is to remain with each address.
An additional 95 gal. tote may be obtained by Midwest Sanitation for a rate of $60/year billed directly through Midwest Sanitation.
Commercial dumpsters are available for garbage and recycling.
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE?
With single-stream recycling, you can place ALL of these items in one bin or bag:
- Egg cartons, cereal boxes, and cracker boxes
- Steel, tin, aluminum cans, and aluminum foil
- Phone books, paperback books, and hardback books
- Cardboard and paper bags
- All paper, including newspaper, inserts, and junk mail
- Office paper, folders, and greeting cards.
- #1-7 plastic bottles, jugs, jars, and tubs
To prepare your recycling:
- Rinse containers
- Containers must be clean
Glass is not acceptable as a recycling item.
Midwest Sanitation (888) 428-2610 City of Baxter (641) 227-3120